Since 1985, providing food, dignity and kindness to anyone, of any faith, background or circumstance, who is hungry and in need of a meal.
Located at the United Church of Spring Valley
11 East Church Street, Spring Valley, NY
Monday through Friday, 7:00 to 8:00 a.m.
Download our quarterly newsletter (PDF) here.
The Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program is a free, volunteer-run program that provides a hot breakfast and bagged lunch to anyone who enters through its doors at the United Church of Spring Valley. It is an all-faith supported, non-sectarian program that serves a diverse population from Spring Valley as well as the homeless in Rockland, who are brought in to have a hot meal and place to eat.
Here are some other important facts about the program:
- The breakfast program has been hosted and supported by the United Church of Spring Valley since 1985. It is non-denominational and has served meals every week day, never ceasing operations or turning anyone away.
- The program has a rich and interesting history, having been founded by an interfaith group of clergy.
- It is run as a program under the fiscal and operational management of the United Church of Spring Valley, and is tax-exempt under the church’s 501(c) 3 tax ID.
- The Church provides space, staff and funds to support its operation.
- There is an increasing need for this program. Over the past two years, the number of guests has increased by 50%. Over 22,000 meals were served last year.
The program is made possible by an unbelievably committed group of 70 dedicated volunteers, 22 from the Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Rockland. Many are well into their active seventies and eighties and have been with the program for over 20 years. The program is also supported by Marianne Leese, RIBP's grant writer and administrator; Carolyn Giles, its program coordinator; and Chris Murray, Helping Hands executive director and on-site facilitator during the mornings.
Equipment and facilities are the original and approaching their useful lifespan, and some days more than 160 individuals come through the doors seeking food and warmth. We need funds to purchase supplies, maintain the stove and range, and buy new cooking utensils and cleaning products. We always need more volunteers for the mornings, and in general we need help to coordinate and plan for the program, and even to do some “heavy lifting” on certain days. Click here to volunteer!
Financial donations are desperately needed and are fully tax-deductible -- 100% of all donations go to this service. Please consider a generous donation now, and a monthly recurring gift to insure the future. Details for how you can make a contribution may be found by clicking on Get Involved.
Pastor, United Church of Spring Valley
A Wish List for the Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program...
Items that Can Be Donated or Underwritten
- Cleaning supplies for the kitchen (e.g. bleach, dishwashing detergent)
- Fresh Fruit (especially apples, oranges and bananas)
- Personal Hygiene Items (e.g. toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, etc.)
- Hand Sanitizer
Have a great donation or support idea not listed here? Need more information on making a donation? Click here to contact us.
Please note that while donations of specific goods are helpful, a financial contribution will purchase far more goods in bulk; please see the information below and consider making a monetary gift.
Volunteer Needs for the Programs Requiring “Man/Woman Power”
- Cleaning of the hood/range at least twice per year
- Regular volunteers committed to a specific day of every week
- Volunteers for one day per month to do heavy lifting and unloading
- A kitchen cleaning crew for a monthly scouring
Click here to volunteer!
Making a Financial Contribution
- You can make a gift to RIBP by clicking the Pay Pal button above and using your credit card, or if you have one, your Pay Pal account.
- You can make a gift to RIBP by sending your check (made payable to Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program) to Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program, c/o United Church of Spring Valley, P.O. Box 398, Spring Valley, NY 10977.
- You can support RIBP by making a contribution to Adopt-a-Program
designated for the Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program, thus increasing the allowance we have for purchasing food from them at a huge cost savings.
- You can provide us with a gift certificate at one of our vendors:
If you have any questions or ideas about donating goods or funds, or volunteering, please contact us and we will get back to you, usually within 24 hours.
The Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program gratefully acknowledges support from:
- United Church of Spring Valley
- Sisters of the Reparation Charitable Trust
- The Ice Hockey Team of Suffern High School
- Temple Beth El, Spring Valley, NY
- The Rotary Club of Spring Valley
- Bronxville Reformed Church, Bronxville, NY
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Pearl River, NY
- The Reformed Church in America
- The County of Rockland
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
- Germonds Presbyterian Church, New City, NY
- HPNAP—Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance Program
- Mosque of the Jerrahi Order, Spring Valley, NY
- Nauraushaun Presbyterian Church, Pearl River, NY
- Nyack Homeless Project
- PATH—Program Assistance for the Hungry
- Reformed Church of West New Hempstead, NY (Brick Church)
- Reformed Church World Service
- Wakefern Food Corp., Partners in Caring Program
...and the generous contributions of individuals and other organizations.
To contact us for...
- general inquiries
- ideas or questions
- information on donating goods or funds
Please e-mail us at: email@example.com
Our mailing address:
Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program
C/O United Church of Spring Valley
P.O. Box 398
Spring Valley, NY 10977
Volunteer with RIBP
To become a Rockland Interfaith Breakfast Program volunteer, please download the application PDF below:
RIBP Volunteer Application
You'll need Adobe Reader to complete and save the form. If you don't have it, download it for free here.
Once you've filled out the form, save it on your computer and then attach it to an e-mail sent to us at: